Thursday, May 15, 2008

Vacation Pictures

So here is a recap from our trip:

Day 1-

We left Salt Lake and headed to Orlando. After a long day of flying we arrived there and spent the evening at Downtown Disney, walking around, eating and shopping.


This is Jeff at the Lego store in Downtown Disney. Apparently there were over 4000 Lego people on the wall behind him, all of the different...





Day 2 - DisneyWorld

We woke up early and headed to DisneyWorld. It was a long and hot day, but it was awesome. We started at MGM Grand to ride the Rockin' Rollercoaster and the Tower of Terror. Then we moved to Epcot Center and ended the day at the Magic Kingdom. Needless to say we were exhausted by the end of the day, but it was a great day to kick off the trip.



This is us at the Rockin' Rollercoaster




We met Chip N'Dale at Epcot Center



Day 3 & 4-

Sunday & Monday were pretty uneventful, we boarded the ship, got settled into our room, and then the ship left port and headed to Haiti. Monday was a day at sea so we had a chance to just relax and get settled into our vacation.


Jeff as the ship was pulling out of port









Day 5 - Haiti
We got into Royal Caribbean's private part of Haiti, Labadee. We went and laid out on the beach for a little while and then we got on the boat for parasailing. I think parasailing was my favorite thing we did on the whole trip. It was such a rush! We sat on the back of the boat and were attached to a big parachute. When the boat started going we just starting floating into the air. I think they said we were 400 - 500 feet over the water. It was crazy! I loved it!


Parasailing








As we arrived in Haiti

Day 6 - Jamaica

Originally we hadn't planned to do anything in Jamaica but we decided that morning to go and tube down the White River. It was hilarious! We got on this little bus with this crazy old Jamaican driver who I could have sworn would kill us, but we got all the way to the top of this mountain and then we rode the tubes back down 3 miles to this amazing little ranch. It was a lot of fun and beautiful. It was a cool way to see the scenery. I will say that Jamaica is totally like the stereotypes that we all see... lots of "ya mons" and "no problems"



This was Jeff and I floating down the river








Jeff at the ranch that we ended at.

Day 7 - Grand Cayman

Of all the places we visited, Grand Cayman was the most like home. They all spoke English, and there were places like KFC and Dairy Queen. It was a lot of fun. We rented some water runners on this day and took them out to a place called Sting Ray City. It is crazy because you get off your waverunner and stand on this little sand bar in the middle of the ocean with stingrays EVERYWHERE. There were coming at us from all angles, it was kind of scary at first, but then it was mostly just cool.

Jeff kissing a stingray All 4 of us at Sting Ray City Amy holding a stingray


Day 8 - Mexico

We started off our day in Cozumel by sleeping in. After all the excursions we had done we decided to take it easy and just spend the day shopping. We got off the ship for a little while, toured some shops ate real Mexican food, went in search of weird local stuff from Jeff's mission and then got back on the ship and took a nap.

I don't think this needs an explanation









Day 8 & 9 - Day at Sea & Kennedy Space Center

Saturday was the last sea day on the ship. We spent most of the time staying out of the sun and nursing our sunburns. We also saw all the things on the ship that we hadn't seen yet. Its amazing how you can live on a ship for 8 days and still miss things. On Sunday we debarked from the ship in the morning and then headed to Kennedy Space Center to tour until our flight left in the afternoon. I was a little skeptical about the Space Center but it ended up being really cool. We got a VIP tour and there is a shuttle on the launch pad right now waiting to go up on May 31st so we got to see it.













As you can see, we had a great time, but I am very glad to be back to the real world and to be able to see family and friends again. If you ever get a chance though, I would highly recommend a cruise, it was the most relaxed I have been in a really long time :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I found your travel/vacation blog very informative!!!
If you are planing Vacation trip or looking for Vacation advice, vacation articles, great vacation homes worldwide by owners check in: Holidayhomes.ca Holiday home rentals Canada
Thank you!!!

Anna Wilson said...

How fun! I wish we could go on a vaction again. They seem to make everything better.

Unknown said...

I'm super jealous! I want to go play on sandy beaches again! Sounds like you guys had a blast!

RAM said...

A Home-Based Business in an Exploding Growth Industry. Start your own luxury travel business and earn $500 - $1000 per sale and get paid weekly.

Cheers,

VIP luxury resort membership | VIP vacation tours | work from home